The Industrial Dwellings Society (1885) Limited
IDS was established as the Four Per Cent Dwellings Company in 1885 by a group of Jewish philanthropists who hoped to relieve the overcrowding in homes in the East End of London.
In 1952, it became the Industrial Dwellings Society (1885) Ltd. You can read more about our history here.
Today, IDS manages around 1,500 properties in Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Southwark, Camden, Haringey, Redbridge, Barnet and Hertsmere.
The housing stock includes flats, houses, sheltered housing, accommodation for people with special needs, as well as a number of shared ownership properties.
We currently employ over fifty staff.
Our tenants are reflective of the general ethnic mix but we maintain strong links with Jewish communities.
Trowers and Hamlin
National Westminister Bank plc
Dexia Credit Local
External: Beever & Struthers Ltd
Internal: Crowe Clark Whitehill
IDS is a registered provider of social housing, Regulator of Social Housing number L0266.
The Industrial Dwellings Society (1885) Limited is a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (registered number 14044R).
1st Floor, Anna House
214 – 218 High Road