July 1, 2017 / Comments Off on Insurance

Your home

Please note that IDS does not insure your furniture, belongings and other personal items within your home against theft, fire, vandalism, burst pipes and other household risks. The My Home scheme can offer tenants and residents the chance to insure the contents of their homes in an easy and affordable way.

My Home contents insurance is a special scheme provided by the National Housing Federation in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc and is available for all tenants and residents living in social and affordable housing.

This insurance will cover most of your household goods and contents such as furniture, TV, clothing, carpets, electrical items and general household goods whilst in your home. The insurance also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for personal liability and also your decorations which you may be responsible for under your tenancy agreement.

More information at or call 0345 450 7288