COVID-19 UPDATE – REDUCED REPAIRS SERVICE
In view of the Prime Minister’s announcement on 23.03.2020 and to ensure that IDS remains compliant with current guidance issued by the Prime Minister, IDS will be operating an ”Essential only” repair service, until such time that staff and members of the public are advised otherwise.
IDS will undertake Essential repairs only during this time, please report qualifying repairs (see below) as normal, we cannot guarantee normal response times and our suppliers will confirm their earliest availability with you, out-of-hours emergency repairs will operate as normal.
Some guidance is provided in the table below:
|IDS – REDUCED SERVICES – ESSENTIAL REPAIRS ONLY|
· Total / Partial Loss of Power
· Total / Partial Loss of Water Supply
· Total or Partial Loss of Gas Supply
· Total or Partial Loss of Space Heating and Hot Water
· Blocked or Leaking Foul Drain, Soil Stack
· Toilet Not Flushing (Where there is no other toilet within the dwelling)
· Blocked Sink, Bath, Toilet or Basin (Where resident is unable unblock using plunger)
· Uncontrollable leaks (Where resident is unable to isolate)
· Major Roof Leaks / Major Penetration of Water
· Unsecure External Window and Door Locks
· Unsecure / Wobbly Stair Tread
· Lift Failures / Servicing
· Communal Light Failure
· Repairs to Communal Dish / TV Aerial Systems (Without access to individual dwellings)
· Door Entry Failure (Where serving a block of 3 or more properties)
· Communal Ventilation or Plant Rooms Ventilation Failure / Servicing
· Servicing or Repair of Fire Safety Equipment (Without access to individual dwellings)
As events continue to develop etc. this list will continue to be reviewed and edited accordingly.
IDS manages over 1,500 properties in Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Southwark, Redbridge, Barnet, Haringey, Camden, Hertsmere and Canvey Island.
You will need to tell us about any repairs that we are responsible for as soon as possible after you notice a problem.
We are not responsible for repairs unless we are aware of them and the fault may become worse if it is not dealt with promptly.
You can report repairs via the following ways:
- Telephone: Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am to 5pm 0208 800 9606 and then select the repairs reporting option.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org – please provide a brief description and attached any photos if you can to assist us
- You can also report repairs by logging into SeeMyData – more details here
In certain cases it may be necessary to inspect the defect before issuing a repair order. Our contractors will contact you to arrange an appointment, this should happen within 2 working days following our issuing of a works order. You must allow IDS and its contractors reasonable access to inspect and carry out the repair.
It is your responsibility to clear the area of work for the contractor to carry out the repair, if the contractor has to move furniture or personal belongings it will be at your own risk, IDS or the contractor will be unable to take responsibility for any damage caused in such circumstances
If your repair request is for a repair for which IDS is not responsible, then our repairs team will inform you of this. You may have the option to pay IDS to arrange such repairs for you.
Out-of-hours emergency repairs – Please note this is a make safe service only
For any out of office emergency repairs please call MNM Property Services or Gilmartins (please see below for which contractor serves your area).
Residents in Canvey Island should contact Think Property Solutions (see details below).
MNM Property Services (020 8523 6689) cover the following properties
Cross Keys Court
Leslie Prince Court
Stepney Green Court
Hackney Housing Co-operative properties
Other street properties
Gilmartins (0800 849 9082) cover the following properties
372 Finchley Road
Clifford Lawton House
Hilary Dennis House
John Golding House
Stoke Newington Estate: Coronation & Imperial Avenue
Think Property Solutions
Residents in Canvey Island should call Think Property Solutions for any out of hours emergency repairs, on 01277 295 495.
Please note that this is a voicemail service. You will need to leave a message and someone will return your call at the earliest possibility.
How long does it take to carry out repairs?
We will try to get all repairs done as quickly as possible. The list below shows targets set for staff and contractors to deal with repairs reported by tenants.
If you do not receive a response within the target response time, and you have not been told why, please contact your Resident Services Coordinator.
Target response times
- Out-of-hours emergency repairs: 4 hours
- Emergency repairs: 24 hours
- Urgent repairs: 7 days
- Non-urgent repairs: 21 days
- Programmed works: (already included within a programme)
More information is available via the quick access tab and in the Tenants navigation bar at the top of this page.
DIY repairs videos
Many of us experience small repair problems from time-to-time. Hackney Council has produced a series of ‘You can do it!’ instructional videos providing you with simple tips on how to carry out minor DIY jobs in your home. You might find these videos helpful: