The Beyond Business Programme, at the Bromley by Bow Centre are offering start up funding for new or emerging Social Enterprises across Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. Applicants and the Social Enterprise must be located in these Boroughs.
What is the Beyond Business Programme?
Beyond Business has already launched a network of 70 plus Social Enterprises in the East End and provides:
- Start up funding,
- Strategic and business planning guidance, and
- Practical business support including training and mentoring.
Is my idea for a social Enterprise eligible?
To be eligible for a start up grant of up to £17,000 your idea for a Social Enterprise must:
- Have a sound business proposition and the potential to be financially sustainable without reliance on grant funding.
- Have a clear social purpose and outcomes, such as employment for people with barriers to work, youth training, healthy living and local environmental improvements.
- Full eligibility criteria will be sent to all applicants.
How will Applicants be assessed?
- Stage 1: Applicants submit an expression of interest form for a panel review.
- Stage 2: Applicants successful at Stage 1 will be invited for an interview.
- Stage 3: Applicants successful at Stage 2 complete a business plan, with support from the Beyond Business team.
- Stage 4: Applicants successful at Stage 3 present their business idea and plan to an independent Dragons’ Den panel on 24th September 2019 – funding then approved for successful applicants.
Need an expression of interest form?
Please contact: Kim Hayman, Beyond Business, Bromley by Bow Centre, St Leonard’s St, E3 3BT
Telephone: 020 8709 9722
For any other information, please contact Kim Hayman